02 September, 2010

More Mulgrew Miller tunes!

No more Mulgrew solos for now... but can you dig more Mulgrew tunes?

Soul-Leo, from 1987's Wingspanis in that 60s Blue Note "funky" kinda vein, but with a slightly bent bridge.  I think I transcribed this one just for the hell of it.

Soul-Leo

Somewhere Else & New Wheels are both from 1993's With Our Own Eyes.  It looks like this one is out of print as it doesn't seem readily available on Amazon, nor is it on iTunes.  Let me know if you've really got your heart set on getting a hold of this recording though.  Somewhere Else sounds very McCoy-ish to me - I like the "crunchy" harmony.  New Wheels is a chromatic rhythm changes head.  Chromatic lines never cease to baffle me, so I thought I'd write this one out (only had to work out 16 or so bars!).

Somewhere Else
New Wheels

This will be my last post for a while until I input more things I've written down (yes, with a pencil and manuscript!) into Sibelius.  I might scan, or even input into Sibelius, some old transcriptions I did by hand years ago too.  Most of what I've uploaded in the past couple of days has been done over the past 6 weeks, so my rate of posting will most definitely slow down in comparison to the past 24 hours!  Hope you enjoy what I've put up so far.

Cheers
Damo

1 comment: